Wednesday, February 29, 2012

has anyone seen my motivation?

Cause I can’t find it.

I’m kinda just rambling about these days, not really doing much of anything that needs doing. I mean, granted, me and Joe have had the sick, so that was a lot of me laying on the couch for a few days.

There are so many things I *want* to do. Like, crochet. I love to crochet. Yes, my inner old lady is showing. But seriously, crocheting is good times. It’s relaxing. I like making stuffs. Mostly, I like finishing stuffs. And yet, although I really want to crochet, day in and day out, I just… don’t.

I want to write more. Every day I think how this or that or other would make good blogger fodder but then I ignore the impulse and go play Castleville on Facebook instead. Cause, you know, THAT’S productive. Mindless cartoon kingdom vs. writing things down… hmmm... gee. SHOULD BE a no-brainer and yet, I continue to waste so. much. time. on Facebook. Don’t get me wrong, there are SOME productive things I do there, like connect with my various real-life friends that live around the country. However, that shouldn’t take the bulk of my free time, I just find myself spending too much time than I should be.

I want to read more. I love reading. It’s been my favorite thing to do for most of my life. And yet, I just… don’t read. I mean, I AM reading, just not like I usually do. Again, my time is being sucked into the computer. What is it about the freaking interwebs that’s SO addicting?

I need to exercise. I’m overweight! This isn’t healthy. This isn’t good for me. I want to lose some of this weight, and be healthier, and yet… blah blah blah. I don’t do it.

It’s like my motivation is on hiatus. Where did it go? Have you seen it?

2 comments:

  1. Lost time is never found again.
    Benjamin Franklin

    I often remind myself that the last thing I want to say when old, and asked what I did when I was young, is "I sat on Facebook/couch and contemplated all the things I could be doing." Just do them, love. Minutes, hours and days are stolen from you when you choose to do things that you don't really want to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but if you find it, make sure mine isn't with it. K? Oh, and you must not want me to follow you too bad.. look what what it said to me when I tried to?

    "We're sorry...

    We were unable to handle your request. Please try again or return a bit later."

    And it wasn't even CREATIVE about it.. you'd think a blogspot response would at least be that...

    ReplyDelete