Tuesday, April 27, 2010

i didn’t go anywhere today

It was one of those weird days where I had nowhere to go and nothing to do. I had a load of laundry to wash and dry, but my house is pretty neat and tidy and I really didn’t have anything pressing. No errands to run. Nothing of import that HAD to get done today.

It should have been nice… relaxing… but it was a little disconcerting.

I’ve been having a lot of success in keeping a tidy home. Before, it was pretty cluttered. I didn’t have any organization or any real idea of how to keep it clean. I finally figured it out, and for the past month, I’ve been keeping it up. Yes, there are things that need doing, but there are mitigating factors (read: I need my husband’s aid and thus far he has been unavailable to aid me) before I can get to the next phase of Operation Clean House. I look forward to the next part, because then I really WILL be where I want to be, and all I’ll have to do is upkeep.

And that, friends, is very, very odd to me.

It has never happened where I’ve looked around my home and couldn’t immediately see something that could be done, should be done, has to be done, now now now. It’s all just upkeep right now. No muss, no fuss. And furthermore, there was no guilt.

I didn’t feel overwhelmed by the mess, because there ISN’T any mess.

I didn’t feel depressed about the state of my house because my house is looking pretty decent.

I didn’t feel anxious over the clutter because the clutter has been eliminated.

And that, people, is a good day!

4 comments:

  1. So glad for you and your lack of clutter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm inspired. I want to be in that happy clean house place you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me smile for you. Good stuff! I wanna learn your secrets, eventually, when I have my own house and stuff again. :-)

    ReplyDelete