Sunday, April 11, 2010

a serious matter, this is

The first blog post on a new blog. It has to strike the right tone, carry the right nuances, draw the new reader in and interest them enough to make them want to keep reading. It also speaks for what kind of writer you are, what you’re interested in, what your blog might portray. Is this a blogger who writes about current events? A historian? A traveler? Another mommy blogger in a slew of mommy bloggers? Is she stable, depraved, disjointed, interesting, comprehensive….? But mostly, does she have anything worthy of reading to say?

That’s a lot pressure, no? It’s almost enough to make me tremble in my red and black striped fuzzy socks.

However, as we sometimes must do in this wild and oft times unpredictable world, I tarry on, and choose my topic with care and consideration to you, reader, whoever you might be.

So. After giving it much thought and deliberation, the thing that is most prevalent in my mind at this moment is this-

 

Yes, a spoon. Not that spoon, exactly, but a spoon. I actually don’t own THAT spoon (I got the image for it here), but I own a spoon much like it, and pretty soon, as soon as I get done doing this (and other things), I plan on putting that spoon to good use.

What is that, you might ask? Well, in case you couldn’t tell by the label, it’s quite possibly the best ice cream that Ben and Jerry have in their considerable arsenal of ice cream. And I just happen to have some in my freezer. Waiting for me to claim it, and ravage it as only ice cream can be ravaged.

So, given that, can you blame me for not being too prolific and blogger savvy on this, my first blog entry? I hope so.

Later :)

3 comments:

  1. Did we not make a pact never, EVER, to eat said ice cream but in the presence of each other? Pretty sure we did. Don't argue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. =0) And the ice cream, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had ice cream in my house in half a year. And I haven't had any desire for it. Until just now. Holy SHIT, that looks good.

    ReplyDelete