Saturday, September 25, 2010

3d times the charm…?

I was doing so well, and then… I wasn’t. WHAT HAPPENED? It seems that I lost steam. Can’t explain it any other way…

I want to do this whole blogging thing… maybe the 100 days is a bit much. Maybe start smaller? Like, an entire month, taking Saturdays off. I could probably do that… yeah?

I think I need to think about this more.

So anyway, life has been good. Today especially (according to my clock, I still have 23 minutes of today left). The Man and I went to the Toyota dealership and we bought a new car. A Sienna. A very pretty one. And the best part? We all fit in it! See, this is the first time since the last of my spawn were born that I’ve had a car that my entire family can fit in. As you can surmise, this is a big deal. Until now, we didn’t go too many places together, and when we did, it was always a giant pain in the ass to manage it. Now, though, it’s going to only be a matter of ALL of us getting in the car and ALL of us arriving at the same time! Imagine that!

This past week has been rather eventful. Took the younger two kidlets to the dentist- no cavities! But the boy child has to go to an orthodontist; the kid needs braces. Joy. The youngest girl child also had no cavities, and we like it when that happens. She’s taking her oral health very seriously since her visit, brushing and flossing more effectively. But that’s typical of her; when she finally sets her mind to something, she goes and does it.

The next day, I had a doctor appointment for a previously unmentioned incident, and I’m happy to report a clean bill of health! So say YAY! and we can all get back to the business of whatever our business might be.

Oh, and I turned 34, too. Which was both slightly surreal and anti-climatic. Birthdays just aren’t as exciting as they used to be. I wonder what that’s all about, anyway…

I DID get some very lovely gifts, though. I have very thoughtful friends and family.

I bought some Halloween decorations this past week, too. VERY exciting stuff, that is. I love it. I’ve never really decorated seasonally before, although I’ve kinda always wanted to. I see other people’s houses and think, hm, that’s neat, I should do something like that… and then… I don’t. THIS year I decided that at least for Halloween, I would decorate. However, the places I’ve been buying my decor from have some very neat trinkets for fall in general, and I’m thinking that after Halloween has passed, it would be neat to get some Thanksgiving type stuff up, too. And of course Xmas…

I’m beginning to see that it’s a cycle, possibly a vicious one, meant to depart me from my money. However, this is a cycle that I think I don’t think I’ll mind at all!

Alright, kids. I just heard what I think was gunshot from outside my window. No, I’m not kidding. I don’t think it was super close, but neither was it that far away, so I’m going to take that as my cue and go away to bed now.

I could totally be wrong, because although it sounded like there was some yelling and other excitement happening immediately after the maybe gunshot, I don’t hear anything else, and I think that I would hear sirens by now, because someone would have called the cops.

(hello, run-on sentence)

Alright. This is me, signing off. Later, doods.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, a gunshot? Did you find out what happened?

    Maybe you should go with a week then build up to a month and so on and so forth. Your writing is great and I look forward to reading it, but it shouldn't stress you out.

    ReplyDelete