Thursday, September 9, 2010

football season!

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not, like, the biggest football fan that ever walked. I am, however, appreciative of the sport and am a BIG fan of the Chargers. The problem is that I don’t totally understand the game. I like to be in the same room when it’s on, but I lose interest because I don’t get all the plays and the rules and the jargon. Lucky for me, I’m married to a HUGE football fan, a guy who knows the sport inside and out, and is more than willing to ‘splain whenever I have a question.

And I have lotsa questions.

I really want to understand the game, because it looks pretty cool. I want to be able to fully immerse myself in it and get it. I have friends who are big football fans, and sometimes we talk about it, but all too soon they lose me because I DON’T totally get it.

All I know is that when I watch it, it’s hard not to get totally caught up in it, watching these athletes perform at the highest level of their abilities. I can’t believe their size and speed and power and I can’t help but marvel at what they can make their bodies do. Watching them is amazing. I just want to know what, exactly, it is that they’re DOING!

9 down, 91 to go!

1 comment:

  1. I saw some middle school football players doing somersaults to warm up before practice. That was fun to watch. I mean, not in the perverted "FUN TO WATCH" kind of way, but more like "HAHAAHA look at those middle schoolers doing pre-school things" fun. And that? Is as into football as I can pretend to be.

    ReplyDelete